Ryan W. McAllister Esq.
Ryan W. McAllister is a founding partner of Ebner, Nevins & McAllister, LLC. He practices primarily in the areas of divorce, child custody, and support. Additionally, Attorney McAllister handles many Criminal Defense and DUI Defense cases, including felonies, misdemeanors, and summary offenses. He has represented clients in numerous jury and non-jury trials in Berks County and the surrounding areas.
Attorney McAllister was born raised in Berks County, and having graduated from Wyomissing High School in 1999. He is a graduate of the College of William and Mary in Virginia, as well as the Villanova University School of Law. He is a member of the Berks County Bar Association and the Pennsylvania Bar Association.
Mr. McAllister was previously employed for several years as an Assistant Public Defender in Berks County. During his tenure there, he represented well over a thousand indigent clients charged with all types of criminal cases. During law school, Attorney McAllister gained invaluable experience working as an intern in the Homicide Unit of the Philadelphia District Attorney's Office, as well as completing an externship at the Criminal Division of the United States Attorney's Office for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania. Attorney McAllister has secured not guilty verdicts and dismissals in cases ranging from serious felonies to relatively minor traffic offenses. He has successfully represented and won acquittals and dismissals for clients charged with robbery, felony drug offenses, sex offenses against minors, felony and misdemeanor assault cases, and countless others.
Attorney McAllister has also secured excellent outcomes for his clients in custody, divorce and support cases. He has successfully litigated custody trials, including custody trials involving the relocation of minor children. Attorney McAllister has also successfully had custody cases that were improperly filed dismissed by filing preliminary objections. He also has experience with filing and litigating emergency custody petitions in the Berks County Courts.
Attorney McAllister is admitted to practice before the state and appellate courts of Pennsylvania, including the Pennsylvania Supreme Court, as well as the United States Federal District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania.
Areas of Practice:
- Criminal Defense
- Driving Under The Influence Defense (DUI)
- Family Law
- Civil Litigation
- Traffic Violations
- Protection from Abuse (PFA)
- Landlord Tenant Cases
- Supreme Court of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- Villanova University School of Law, Villanova, Pennsylvania
- College of William and Mary, Williamsburg, Virginia
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Berks County Bar Association, Member
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Member
Past Employment Positions:
- Berks County, Pennsylvania, Assistant Public Defender
- Homicide Unit of the Philadelphia District Attorney's Office, Internship
- Criminal Division of the U.S. Attorney's Office for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania, Externship
- Law Clerk - Berks County Court of Common Pleas - Summer Law Clerk