Ebner, Nevins & McAllister, LLC
Free Initial Consultation Call Today

Spotlight Issue: Modification of Child Custody Order

What can you do if a final custody order has been entered, but you want to change it? Either party to a custody action can file to modify custody. The real question is whether there are grounds to convince the court that changes should be made. Although it isn't required that there be a change of circumstances prior to filing for modification, the court will want to know what has happened to necessitate a new order. For example, the following changes could necessitate a modification: one parent is charged or convicted of a crime that is listed in §5329 of the PA child custody statute; a parent's work schedule changes; a child's activity schedule changes. Of course, the court must find that the modification of the existing order is in the child's best interest. It is important that you make the best arguments possible at a hearing for modification because the same issue cannot be used as a reason for modification at a later date.

If you have an existing custody order and think that you have grounds to request a modification, you should have a knowledgeable family law attorney on your side. Contact our Berks County custody attorneys today at 610-372-5128 or [email protected]

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

We Will Help You Through This

Contact the Firm

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy