- Criminal Defense (including misdemeanors and major felonies)
- Driving Under the Influence
Current Employment Position
- Honored by Berks County Living magazine as a "Select Lawyer" for Criminal Defense in 2015 and 2016
- "Top 40 Under 40" defense attorney in Pennsylvania by the American Society of Legal Advocates
- Select Lawyers - Criminal Law
- Presidential Award of Merit - Wellness Committee
- Top Rated Lawyer 2020 - Avvo
- America’s Most Honored Lawyers 2020
Daniel Nevins is an experienced Criminal Defense Attorney practicing in Berks County, Pennsylvania since 2005. He has successfully defended clients accused of major felonies and violent crimes such as Homicide, Robbery, Burglary, Drug Trafficking and Sexual Assault. Mr. Nevins is a skilled trial attorney and strong advocate with a reputation for winning Not Guilty verdicts in the most difficult cases. Mr. Nevins also has extensive experience representing individuals charged with Driving Under the Influence (DUI).
A Trial Attorney is only as good as their results and Attorney Nevins delivers. Over the past 15 years, Attorney Nevins has won jury acquittals in dozens of cases by asserting a variety of defenses including:
- Not Guilty in Double Homicide (False Confession)
- Not Guilty in Criminal Homicide (Self-defense/ stand your ground defense)
- Not Guilty in Attempted Murder (Misidentification)
- Not Guilty in Rape (Consent)
- Not Guilty in Attempted Murder/ Stabbing (impeachment of Commonwealth witness)
Mr. Nevins has also earned the dismissal of major drug felonies and other possessory offenses (firearms) following the suppression of evidence on grounds of illegal search and seizure.
Attorney Nevins has argued before the Pennsylvania Superior Court multiple times on behalf of clients on novel legal issues concerning Rules of Evidence and Criminal Procedure. Additionally, Mr. Nevins is certified under PA Rule of Criminal Procedure 801 to serve as Capital Counsel in Death Penalty cases, a qualification held by less than 2% of all attorneys licensed to practice in Pennsylvania.
Attorney Nevins graduated from the Pennsylvania State University, Dickinson School of Law in 2005. He is a member of the Berks County and Pennsylvania Bar Associations, the Pennsylvania Association of Criminal Defense Attorneys and the National College for DUI Defense. For over a decade, he served as the instructor for the mandatory Ethics course for new Berks County lawyers known as Bridge the Gap. Attorney Nevins has appeared as a legal commentator on local television and has led or participated in numerous panel discussions on Criminal Justice issues.
Mr. Nevins is admitted to practice before the Pennsylvania Supreme Court and the United States District Court for the Eastern and Middle Districts of Pennsylvania.
- Dickinson School of Law of the Pennsylvania State University, Carlisle, Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- Board of Directors, Berks County Bar Association
- Children's Home of Reading
- Gilmore Henne Community Foundation
- Sinking Spring YMCA
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Association of Criminal Defense Attorneys
- National College of DUI Defense