The Defense You Need Against A DUI
The results of a DUI can be long-lasting and far-reaching, impacting your life for years to come in ways that you do not expect. A DWI or DUI can cost you your driving privileges, your career and your personal reputation. Many people do not look the same way at someone who has been convicted of DUI. At Ebner, Nevins & McAllister, LLC, we can work to prevent this from happening by providing a strong criminal defense.
At our law firm in Reading, we offer effective counsel to clients who are facing DWI or DUI charges. We will steer you through this legal challenge so that you can regain control of your life.
Pennsylvania’s Three Levels Of DUI
The state of Pennsylvania recognizes three tiers of DUI. These are:
- General impairment, or a blood alcohol content (BAC) of .08 to .099 percent
- High BAC, or a BAC of .10 to .159 percent
- Highest BAC, or a BAC of .16 percent or higher
All three categories are very serious. No matter which tier your charge falls into, you should work with lawyers who can defend your rights in court.
What Are The Penalties For DWI And DUI?
If convicted of a DWI or DUI, you can expect to suffer severe consequences. These consequences may include fines, community service, mandatory drug and alcohol treatment, probation and even jail time. The penalties become more severe for repeat offenders. In Pennsylvania, these penalties include:
- A fine of up to $10,000 for repeat DUIs
- Alcohol highway safety school
- Mandatory drug and alcohol treatment
- Installation of an ignition interlock device
- A 12-to-18 month license suspension
- Jail time of up to five years
Contact A Defense Attorney
Do not let a DWI or DUI ruin your life: Contact our defense team today. We will work with you to defend you and protect your rights from the moment you hire us to represent you. Contact our office for a free consultation by calling 484-258-2204 or sending an online intake form.